Mittwoch, 21. September 2011

Support a state called Palestine.

These next few days will be very interesting and probably crucial for the so-called peace-process in the middle east; as Palestine and Mahmoud Abbas will adress the UN council to demand full membership statehood, the question remains, who supports Abbas and the Palestinians.

Many an article has been written these last few days and I won't bother summarize all of them. If you're in need of well researched information, check Jaddaliya, Al Jazeera, Robert Fisk's column and the Guardian.



All I want to say is this - I think it's about time Palestine is recognized as a proper state. It is the people's right, and I think Germany's position on the matter is wrong and disgraceful (especially in Germany's case, which I know most about, so I won't judge on any other country's politics.)

I believe in light of the recent months in the middle east, it's  now Palestine's turn to experience their Arab Spring. But peaceful, of course, and by supporting the idea of a palestinian state, I do not at all agree with the cruel and violent doings of Hamas, nor is it my intention to disrespect or discredit the israeli people.

So yalla, Filasteen - and shame on you, Ms Merkel, for not showing more "cojones" when it comes to Israel!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen